Research shows that patients who maintain long term follow up with their bariatric team are 4.6 times more likely to keep their weight off than those who do not follow up. Meeting with your team will help you stay focused on your goals and provides you with accountability. Follow up visits are to help you remember or relearn what you are supposed to do to be successful. As we collect more data about bariatric surgery, recommendations and best practices may change. Your team will make sure that you are aware of the best guidelines and any new recommendations.
What can you expect at your follow up appointments?
- Meet with your surgeon, dietitian and other team members to address your post-surgical nutrition status and weight loss goals
- Review lab work yearly - CBC, BMP, Total Protein, Albumin, Serum Iron, Serum Folate, TIBC, B12, serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D, hgbA1C, Thiamin
- Set realistic and obtainable goals to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight/BMI for life
- Review diet and vitamin/mineral supplementation recommendations
- If it has been more than one year since your last appointment, please call us today to set up your next follow up.