Healthier Halloween Options
Are you scared of making unhealthy choices on Halloween? Here are ways to make better choices.
Tips for Healthier Choices:
- Choose healthier candy option to distribute like SkinnyDipped, Unreal snacks, Smart Sweets, Quest peanut butter cups, Lily's chocolate,or 70% or higher dark chocolate
- Make mindful choices and check the nutrition facts label to prevent dumping syndrome. Stay under 5g added sugar per serving and limit saturated fats.
- Hand out non-candy treats if having candy in the house is too tempting ex: PlayDoh, tattoos, glow sticks, bouncy balls, etc.
- If buying candy to hand out, buy candy you don’t like
- Set a date for a “candy-free” home after Halloween and donate the leftovers.
Place to donate leftover candy:
- Treats for Troops
- Operation Shoebox
- Local food banks- North Fulton Community Charities (Roswell), The Place (Forsyth), North Gwinnett Co-Op