Nutritional Benefits of Pumpkin
- Fiber - there are 7 gms of fiber in 1 cup of pumpkin and about 80 calories.
- Beta Carotene – which is converted to Vit A by the body and is essential for eye health.
- Better Immunity – large amount of vitamin A helps the body fight infections.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin - 2 antioxidants that are thought to prevent cataracts and slow development of macular degeneration
- Vitamin C – Packed w/ nearly 20% of the recommended daily value of Vit C – which helps you recover from colds