- 1 small Hokkaido pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and 1tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry the pumpkin. It does not need to be peeled. If you are using butternut squash, you need to peel it and remove the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into wedges, about 1.5 cm thick. Place them in a casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic and the spices. Add the olive oil and stir to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture over the pumpkin wedges and rub well with your hands to make sure that all the wedges are coated in the spice mixture. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Roast for about 25-30 minutes.